Thursday, June 25, 2015

I'm Loving It! Technology, That Is...


On Monday, I finished my WebQuest.  This was my first experience working with WebQuests, and my son and daughter had no previous experience with them either.  With this in mind, I didn't know what to expect.  But, I have to say that I really like the concept.  I felt like I was building an online module for a class (something I actually do have experience with), so the students can work on their own to complete a project.  I like the idea of the student taking an active role in the learning process and working through steps at their own pace to complete an assignment.  I also like the fact that the students are given some choice and flexibility during the WebQuest as they progress through the steps/guidelines to create an end product that is unique in some way.

On Wednesday, I finished my Mobile App Design.  At first, I wasn't even sure where to begin.  I definitely had used a lot of apps, but never thought of creating one.  I had an idea in my mind (which can be a scary place to be), but I wasn't sure how to take my concept and put into a visual form for others to understand.  I decided to use Excel, and it worked perfectly for me.  After adding lots of features and tweaking the capabilities of the app over multiple days, I can honestly say I love it.  It is definitely an app I would purchase and use if it was actually available.   Now, onto the next new tool... the podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment